After School Care
Understanding the many of our families have two working parents, MIS provides and After School Care Program. For K1 children, After School Care is available from 1:30pm-6:30pm on school days. For other children, this service is available from 3:30pm. K1 children who are waiting for school buses would not be charged for this service. If children are not waiting for a bus, they are charged 250 yen per session or part of. One session is 30 minutes. The school will calculate how many sessions your child has used. (For example, if your child used the after school care service from 1:30 to 2:40 pm, we would calculate that you child joined 3 sessions, and we would therefore charge parents 750 yen).
Please note that there are 2 different application forms for the after school care service:
Application for the Termly After School Care
- This is a form to sign up for after school care service throughout a term. 200yen per session.
- If you wish to have your child in the after school care service every day or on designated days each week, please sign up using this form before the new term starts.
- The MIS office will inform you of the deadline for each term.
- The fee for After School Care service will be paid for in advance.
- Please note that once the fee is paid, it is strictly nonrefundable.
Application Form for Termly After School Care
Application for Temporary After School Care
- An application for this service should be handed in 3 school days before you actually require the service. 250yen per session.
- This application form can be collected at the school office (or via our website).
- Payment will be required from the month following use of After School Care.
- Please note that once the fee is paid, it is strictly non-refundable.
- The ASC service cannot be used if a child is absent from school during the day.
- If you are later for picking up your child than you have indicated on the form, the school will charge you for this extra period.
- For safety reasons, it is very important to share information between parents and school. Should you be late in picking up your child, please be sure to phone the office (043-296-0186). All such communication should go directly to the after school care staff.
After School Care Snacks:
- Children will not be given a snack until 4:30.
- Children who use the ASC service after 4:30 may bring their own snacks.
- School will give out snacks only when the child forgets to bring them.