In April 2017, MIS was accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS). CIS accreditation shows that the school has achieved high standards of professional performance in international education and has a commitment to continuous improvement. In particular, the award of accreditation shows that the school:
- is devoted to its mission and vision for students
- has thought deeply about the services it offers to students, family and community
- invests the time and resources for validation from a globally-recognized accreditation authority
- focuses on the quality of teaching, student learning, as well as student safeguarding and well-being
- is committed to the development of the students’ global citizenship
- has a suitable philosophy of education suitable for its students
- promises only what it can deliver
- is open to regular evaluation by its own school community and peer evaluators
- continuously seeks improvement in all areas of the school plans strategically for the future
Being an Article 1 school, offering the best of both Japanese and International teaching and learning, the school is also recognized by the Ministry of Education in Japan. We are also follow the guidelines of the Chiba Prefecture Board of Education and are members of the Chiba Private Elementary Schools Association and the Chiba Kindergarten Association. Our curriculum, based on the Japanese national learning objectives, is delivered via an international teaching and learning model. We provide a unique educational experience to both returning Japanese students and expatriates that develops students to be multilingual, internationally minded 21st Century model citizens. This provides our students the opportunity to access either the international middle school or Japanese junior high school of their choice.
MIS is also a member of the East Asia Regional Council of Schools (EARCOS), an organization of 180 international schools throughout East Asia, enabling our staff to avail of – and offer – professional development to enhance student success. In addition, the connections made with other EARCOS schools allows for greater opportunities for our students to growth their international understanding as part of our Global Citizenship Program.